Tuesday 27 June 2017

Kings of War - Route/Waver Calculator

I am building a new online tool for Kings of War that will calculate chances of Routing or Wavering Units. No sign up or adds it's literally just a single page application designed to work well on phone or tablet.

http://chargecalc-grich.rhcloud.com/

Seen a fair amount of people have made excel sheets which do basically the same with a  bit more functionality (which I will be adding in the future). The main difference here is this will function on well on a phone. So can be used easily at table side to give a player a better prediction if their unit is going to bounce or not real time.

The target users are newer players, those using a new army or playing against an unknown army. Just to even the odds for newbies helping them to weigh up the odds. Should I soften up the target with more shooting before charge in?

Testing tonight at the club for the first time so will go by the calculator traffic lights and report back on who won.

All feedback is welcome. I might then expand further for Ranged attacks and/or magic attacks if it proves useful. If you have your own calculator I would really appreciate having a look to see how you have done it so I can check my calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment